Algorithm support - patch for Elliptic Curve available ?

Brian M. Carlson karlsson@hal-pc.org
Wed Aug 7 23:15:02 2002

--GID0FwUMdk1T2AWN

On Mon, Aug 05, 2002 at 09:42:33AM +0200, Alexandre Dulaunoy wrote:
> Hello all,
>=20
> I'm looking for a support in GnuPG of Elliptic Curve and Elliptic Curve=
=20
> DSA. Is there somebody working on that ?=20

The Internet-Draft that specified Elliptic Curve (18) for OpenPGP is not
in the IETF archives. I'd work on it if there were a draft for it, but
I'm not going to pop some implementation out of my head when there's no
standard or even agreement on what it's supposed to be. Besides, some
curves are patented, so those curves cannot be in GnuPG, as that would
make it non-free.

--=20
Brian M. Carlson <karlsson@hal-pc.org> <http://decoy.wox.org/~bmc> 0x560553=
E7
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they become soggy and hard to
light.

--GID0FwUMdk1T2AWN

Signature policy: http://decoy.wox.org/~bmc/openpgp/policy.tex

--GID0FwUMdk1T2AWN--