Algorithm support - patch for Elliptic Curve available ?

Alexandre Dulaunoy adulau@foo.be
Wed Aug 7 23:21:02 2002

On Wed, 7 Aug 2002, Brian M. Carlson wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 05, 2002 at 09:42:33AM +0200, Alexandre Dulaunoy wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I'm looking for a support in GnuPG of Elliptic Curve and Elliptic Curve
> > DSA. Is there somebody working on that ?
>
> The Internet-Draft that specified Elliptic Curve (18) for OpenPGP is not
> in the IETF archives. I'd work on it if there were a draft for it, but
> I'm not going to pop some implementation out of my head when there's no
> standard or even agreement on what it's supposed to be. Besides, some
> curves are patented, so those curves cannot be in GnuPG, as that would
> make it non-free.

	Yes, you are right. My question was more related to an
"experimental/research" patch for ECC (and/or) ECC DSA. This is not an
issue. The patent is also applicable in Europe ?

	The only active I-D, I have found for ECC was for the usage of DNS
for encapsulating ECC data :
ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-ecc-key-02.txt
;-)

	Ok this is not a problem.

	thanks a lot.

	adulau