Compilation Error

Frank Yip FrankYip@octopuscards.com
Thu Aug 8 06:53:02 2002

I am using MSYS in windows 2000 to compile GNUPG 1.0.7. By following the
instruction on readme.w32, I try to compile the program. When it start to
configure the binutils, it encounter problem like below.

checking whether the C compiler (gcc -g -O2 ) works... yes
checking whether the C compiler (gcc -g -O2 ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether we are using GNU C... (cached) yes
checking for bison... no
checking for byacc... no
checking for flex... lex
checking for yywrap in -ll... no
checking how to run the C preprocessor... (cached) gcc -E
checking lex output file root... /binutils-2.9.1/binutils/configure: lex:
command not found
configure: error: cannot find output from lex; giving up
Configure in /mingw32-cpd-0.3.0/binutils-build/binutils failed, exiting.
./Configure: FATAL: configure failed

what is the course of the problem and how do I solve it? Thank you