Ldap Support

David Shaw dshaw@jabberwocky.com
Sun Aug 18 15:29:01 2002

On Sun, Aug 18, 2002 at 07:41:57AM +0100, Graham wrote:

> I have looked in the documentation, and though I might have missed it, I
> can't find anything about setting up GPG for LDAP keyservers.
>
> Do I have to recompile GPG with a relevant switch, or will GPG recognise
> OpenLdap with any relevant comands?  Any help, or references to
> documentation, gratefully received.

If OpenLDAP is installed when you build GnuPG, it should notice this
fact and build the LDAP keyserver code automatically.  If you install
OpenLDAP after GnuPG is already built, you must rebuild GnuPG.

Once you have done that, you may specify a LDAP keyserver as
"keyserver ldap://whatever.com"

David