Commercial PGP is back

Ryan Malayter rmalayter@bai.org
Tue Aug 20 17:11:02 2002

From: Werner Koch [mailto:wk@gnupg.org]=20

>> Commercial PGP is back:
>
>Please don't confuse "commercial" with "proprietary".=20
>PGP is not Free Software but FS can definitely be=20
>"commercial".

Point taken. Still, though, this is good news for PGP on the corporate
Windows desktop. We've tried to substitute GPG and various shells, and
our tech people were fine with it, but our regular users just hated
everything we tired. Although the security issues of closed-source
encryption software are worrisome, there's nothing open-source I've seen
that comes close to the PGP suite's ease-of-use.