[ Problem with timestamp ]

Laurent Chardin chardin@wcube.fr
Tue Dec 3 11:21:01 2002

Greetings,

I have some troubles importing a signed key from a friend. We are using
GnuPG 1.2.1.

I get the following errors trying to import his signed key:
gpg --import friend.gpg

gpg: key CC2DD97B has been created 27540 seconds in future (time warp or
clock problem)
gpg: key CC2DD97B: invalid self-signature on user id "<removed for
mailing list>"
gpg: key CC2DD97B has been created 27540 seconds in future (time warp or
clock problem)
gpg: key CC2DD97B: invalid subkey binding
gpg: key CC2DD97B: no valid user IDs
gpg: this may be caused by a missing self-signature
gpg: Total number processed: 1
gpg:           w/o user IDs: 1

I must use the '--ignore-time-conflict' option in order to be able to
import it and use it correctly.
My friend doesn't understand the problem since he doesn't have any clock
issue on his computer (right hour and date) and my hour/date are good as
well.

Anyone has some clues or ideas about this trouble ?

Thanks in advance.

Laurent