Changing expire date resets custom key prefs, a bug in GnuPG 1.2.1 ?

Malte Gell malte_gell@t-online.de
Wed Dec 4 16:18:03 2002

I just saw something that might be a bug in GnuPG 1.2.1:

1. I created a new DSA/Elg key

2. changed key prefs via gpg --edit-key XYZ and the setpref S4 H3 Z2=20
(just as an example) and then updpref and save and quit

3. gpg --edit-key XYZ and then showpref just to check my changes were=20
accepted, it was okay

4. oh, I forgot to set the expire date ! Went back, gpg --edit-key XYZ=20
and then expire, set the date and then "save" and quit

5. And again, gpg --edit-key XYZ and showpref to check my changes, and=20
what do I see:

The expire date was okay, but the key prefs I made were lost and set=20
back to the default  S7 ..etc... H3 H2 Z2 Z1 ! I strongly suppose this=20
might be a bug in GnuPG ?

So if one uses custom key prefs and changes the expire date later after=20
changing the key prefs those key prefs might be reset to the default=20
values ? Happened to mewith GnuPG 1.2.1 (GNU/Linux).

Now I have set the expire date and then again my custom key prefs.

Regards,
Malte