How to compile?

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Thu Dec 5 19:32:02 2002

On Thu, 5 Dec 2002 17:14:30 +0100, Danny Wannagat said:

> Hello.
> I am very new in this... i would like to compile the new 1.3.1 on my win32.

> I have downloaded the MINGGW tool. I have installed it, and i can compile a helloworld.c

You need a POSIX ennvironment to build GnuPG for Windows.  Thsi is
usually done by cross-compiling it but it might be possible to do this
with a Cygwin32 environemnt under Windows and using the mingw32/cpd
kit - this is not the same you can download from mingw.org.  See
doc/README/W32 for details on how to build GnuPG for Windows.

I don't think that the development branch will build cleanly.  We are
going to fix this when we start to prepare a new stable branch.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner