PGP 8.0 released today

vedaal@hush.ai vedaal@hush.ai
Thu Dec 5 22:17:04 2002

On Wed, 04 Dec 2002 16:36:37 -0800 Philipp =?iso-8859-1?q?G=FChring?=
>Hi,
>
>Are you working for PGP Corporation?

no,
and in general, i prefer ckt,
about which Imad gave his word that there would be no ckt versions of pgp8
when full source code would be released,

{btw, a really good thing a gnupg, is that all the developers are open to
incorporating reasonable requests/suggestions from users.
NAI was not so, even when the actual code changes, ready for compilation,
were offered,
the new pgp management, however is much more receptive, and has already
incorporated changes to work with newer gnupg secret keys and subkeys}

..

>I fetched the PGP800-S-W.zip
>sourcecode edition, and tried to unpack and verify the signature,
> but I got
>the following:
>
>philipp@linux1:~/pgp> gpg PGP800-S-W-Inner.zip.sig
>gpg: Unterschrift vom Die 03 Dez 2002 00:04:46 CET, DSA Schlüssel
>ID E8F99DB2
>gpg: Schlüssel E8F99DB2 von search.keyserver.net wird angefordert
{i speak Dutch, and can sort-of follow written German }

a common compatibility problem that perhaps should be addressed :((

you searched on a gpg keyserver, not a pgp server

try ldap://pgp.surfnet.nl:11370
the key has been there for a while

who can be spoken to that could arrange for gpg and pgp servers to
communicate with each other and share keys?

with Respect,

vedaal

Big $$$ to be made with the HushMail Affiliate Program: