signing emails

Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder avbidder@fortytwo.ch
Wed Dec 11 18:30:01 2002

--=-k8czOODDTn2a0GOlKLfL

On Wed, 2002-12-11 at 16:09, Adam Pavelec wrote:

[multipart/signed mail]
> transformed into an attachment.  Here's a screenshot of what
> your mail looks like from this perspective:
> http://adam.pavelec.net/detached_example.png

I'd like to point out that this long standing behaviour is IMHO a bug in
Microsofts MIME implementation. Any unknown multipart type is to be
treated like multipart/mixed, and - while rfc2046 does not say much
about how to handle m/mixed - it would seem sensible to just display at
least the first MIME part.

There are quite a lot of people not affected by this problem.

cheers
-- vbi

--=20
this email is protected by a digital signature:  http://fortytwo.ch/gpg