GPG support in Mahogany

Xavier Nodet xavier.nodet@free.fr
Tue Dec 17 09:29:01 2002

On Tue, 17 Dec 2002 00:53:56 +0100 Olaf Gellert <gellert@arasca.de> wrote:

> Hi,

> just a short (and late) remark:
>>> But why? Why you worry about this, but you don't worry that someone's
>>> machine in the message path isn't compromised?
>>
>> I do not understand how a compromised machine in the path is a problem.
>> The reason to encrypt is exactly to make sure one does not have to
>> bother with that, no? Would you want to say that an external (w.r.t.
>> encryption) signature could be removed?

> Well, if your machine is compromised, [...]

I now understand what Janusz wanted to say: I thought he was refering to
the MTA that the message passes through. Obviously, if the machine of
some recipient is compromised, everything can happen.

Thanks for the enlightment.

--
Xavier Nodet
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin, 1759.