Cannot read encrypted emails

John Warrick JWarrick@comcast.net
Tue Dec 24 14:54:01 2002

--=-ilU8CmHBgkQm8rn6UIMC

On Mon, 2002-12-23 at 21:44, John Warrick wrote:
> I have a problem that I hope someone can help me with.  First, a little
> background...
[Snip] See previous posting....

First off, I've subscribed to the listing so I can see the replies.

Did some additional testing last night and figured out that when I send
encrypted email from my Linux box to my Win2K box, that the contents of
the message are actually embedded in a file attachment called
encrypted.asc on the Win2K side. There is also a file called AT000xx.dat
(where xx are incremental numbers -- i.e., AT00015.dat).

Although I get the message "This email is neither encrypted nor signed"
I can save the file (encrypted.asc) to disk and run:
gpg --decrypt encrypted.asc and this is what I see:

[Begin Quote]

--=3D-WLiXBgGjt0vYxBwXrAJ8

These are the comments in the main body of the e-mail.
End of e-mail comments.

--=3D-WLiXBgGjt0vYxBwXrAJ8

--=3D-WLiXBgGjt0vYxBwXrAJ8--
[End Quote]

It's almost as if everything regarding this email, to include the gpg
encrypt information, is being "compiled" together and forwarded as an
attachment if you will.  How do I correct this?

Tks in advance....

John W

--=-ilU8CmHBgkQm8rn6UIMC

--=-ilU8CmHBgkQm8rn6UIMC--