Unable to build egd

Jimmy Gibson jimmy.gibson@unn.ac.uk
Mon Feb 4 16:34:02 2002

Hello,
I am having problems building egd on a Compaq Tru64 Unix platform.

When I try to build the makefile using 'perl Makefile' I get a segmentation
fault and core dump.

Perl is version 5.005_03 built for alpha-dec_osf (reported by perl --version),
this is this version shiped with the OS. OS is Compaq Tru64 Unix version 5.1

I have been able to build egd on an old DEC osf v4.0 system without any
problems, but this system is officially decomisioned and unavailable to my
users.  So I need to build on my 'new' system.

Other perl modules and applications have built OK so far.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Jimmy

| Jimmy Gibson              |  Email : jimmy.gibson@unn.ac.uk   |
| Senior System Developer   |  phone : +44 191 227 4501         |
| Zone 2 IT Support Team    |  fax   : +44 191 227 3662         |
| University of Northumbria |                                   |
| Ellison Place             | Success is the ability to go from |
| Newcastle upon Tyne       | failure to failure without losing |
| NE1 8ST                   | your enthusiasm.                  |
| ENGLAND                   |  - Sir Winston Spencer Churchill  |