let the flaming begin or Factoring Breakthrough?

Steve Butler sbutler@fchn.com
Thu Feb 28 17:08:01 2002

Our trading partners who have RSA keys started talking last fall about
raising them to 4096 bits.  I don't know what they will do now!!

Stephen Butler
Oracle Administrator
First Choice Health Network

-----Original Message-----
From: Ingo Kl=F6cker [mailto:ingo.kloecker@epost.de]
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2002 3:29 PM
To: gnupg-users@gnupg.org
Subject: Re: let the flaming begin or Factoring Breakthrough?

> And I thing raising the warning limits for RSA key generation would
> be a Right Thing.

So if you have to hide information from the NSA you'd better use
stronger RSA keys. Otherwise your 1024 bit RSA keys are still safe
enough. New RSA keys should IMO nevertheless have at least 2048 bits.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail message, including any attachments=
, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain conf=
idential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, dis=
closure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended rec=
ipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copie=
s of the original message.