Passphrase as parameter in the command line

DuVall, Rick RDuVall@ahs.llumc.edu
Fri Jan 4 18:08:01 2002

------_=_NextPart_001_01C19541.5311E3BE

The solution (recommended in the documentation) is to change the passphrase
to nothing to that automatic decryption can occur.

Rick DuVall
Loma Linda University Medical Center
Information Systems
(909) 558 3265 ext. 32830
RDuVall@ahs.llumc.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: ritter, horst (EDS CH) [mailto:horst.ritter-eds@eds.com]
Sent: Friday, January 04, 2002 08:38
To: 'gnupg-users@gnupg.org'
Subject: Passphrase as parameter in the command line

Dear Linux community,

I have been looking for weeks for a solution to the following problem.

How can I give gpg the passphrase as parameter in the commandline to decrypt
files, instead to type it in after GPG's request?
I need this to automaticaly process a lot of files under UNIX, managed by
self written program.

I would be greatful for any hints, or any ideas, which may lead to a
solution.

Should you have any questions, or require further information, please do not
hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,

Horst Ritter

Confidentiality Note: The preceding e-mail message (including any
attachments) contains information that may be confidential, protected by
applicable legal privileges, or constitute non-public information.  It is
intended to be conveyed only to the designated recipient(s).  If you are not
an intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender by replying
to this message and then delete it from your system.  Use, dissemination,
distribution or reproduction of this message by unintended recipients is not
authorized and may be unlawful.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C19541.5311E3BE

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2655.35">
<TITLE>RE: Passphrase as parameter in the command line</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>The solution (recommended in the documentation) is to =
change the passphrase to nothing to that automatic decryption can =
occur.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Rick DuVall</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Loma Linda University Medical Center</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Information Systems</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>(909) 558 3265 ext. 32830 </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>RDuVall@ahs.llumc.edu</FONT>
</P>
<BR>
<BR>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>From: ritter, horst (EDS CH) [<A =
HREF=3D"mailto:horst.ritter-eds@eds.com">mailto:horst.ritter-eds@eds.com=
</A>]</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Sent: Friday, January 04, 2002 08:38</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>To: 'gnupg-users@gnupg.org'</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Subject: Passphrase as parameter in the command =
line</FONT>
</P>
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Dear Linux community,</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I have been looking for weeks for a solution to the =
following problem.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>How can I give gpg the passphrase as parameter in the =
commandline to decrypt</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>files, instead to type it in after GPG's request? =
</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>I need this to automaticaly process a lot of files =
under UNIX, managed by</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>self written program.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I would be greatful for any hints, or any ideas, =
which may lead to a</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>solution.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Should you have any questions, or require further =
information, please do not</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>hesitate to contact me. </FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Best regards,</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Horst Ritter</FONT>
</P>
<BR>

<P><FONT =
SIZE=3D2>_______________________________________________</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Gnupg-users mailing list</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Gnupg-users@gnupg.org</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2><A =
HREF=3D"http://lists.gnupg.org/mailman/listinfo/gnupg-users" =
></FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Confidentiality Note: The preceding e-mail message =
(including any attachments) contains information that may be =
confidential, protected by applicable legal privileges, or constitute =
non-public information.&nbsp; It is intended to be conveyed only to the =
designated recipient(s).&nbsp; If you are not an intended recipient of =
this message, please notify the sender by replying to this message and =
then delete it from your system.&nbsp; Use, dissemination, distribution =
or reproduction of this message by unintended recipients is not =
authorized and may be unlawful.</FONT></P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C19541.5311E3BE--