public key not found

Dallam dallam@btopenworld.com
Sun Jan 6 15:49:02 2002

--VS++wcV0S1rZb1Fb

Hi List,

SuSE 7.1
Gnupg 1.0.6
Mutt 1.3.22.1i

I am new to gnupg and need some help in resolving the following
issues. When choosing to sign/encrypt an email I get the following
error:
gpg:A89A2371--skipped:public key not found.
When I check that particular email in the outbox, it contains this:
PGP output follows (current time. etc)
Error: could not create a PGP subprocess!
The keys are in the default ~/,gnupg location and --list-public-keys
Dallam gives me pub 1024D/A89A2371 2002-01-04 Dallam
<dallam@btopenworld.com>.

I have looked at the gnupg site as well as google searched and can't
find anything about this particulart error, so I am hoping that
someone here can shed some light on what the problem is and what I
need to do to correct it.
Thanks,
Dallam
--