Virus-checking software flagging GNUpg signatures?

David Benfell gnupg-users@gnupg.org
Thu Jan 17 08:25:02 2002

--6zdv2QT/q3FMhpsV

Hello all,

At one point, there was a breakdown in communication between myself
and someone else which began shortly after 11 September.  He (a
Windows user) accused me of sending him viruses via e-mail.

My e-mail, then, as now, typically consists of a plain text message
and a GNUpg signature.  I don't believe my signature has changed in
any way since that time.  At the time, I shook my head in despair and
gave up.

He now claims that his anti-virus software (Norton or Symantec) must
have flagged my e-mail.  Is this even a rational possibility?

--=20
David Benfell, LCP
benfell@parts-unknown.org
---