Virus-checking software flagging GNUpg signatures?

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Thu Jan 17 09:20:01 2002

On Wed, 16 Jan 2002 23:22:01 -0800, David Benfell said:

> He now claims that his anti-virus software (Norton or Symantec) must
> have flagged my e-mail.  Is this even a rational possibility?

>From my experience I'd say that is true.  I get so many bounces from
the list when there a signed mails or messages just contain encryption
samples.  Mimesweeper and other tools are a real annoyance and are
only good for the vendors to cash in on false security.  Arggg.

  Werner