OT: Disclaimers

Ed Suominen general@eepatents.com
Fri Jul 5 08:13:02 2002

>Message: 9
>Subject: Re: PGP 7.0.5 and GPG
>To: gnupg-users@gnupg.org (GnuPG users)
>Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 22:41:41 +0200 (MET DST)
>From: Johan Wevers <johanw@vulcan.xs4all.nl>
>
>Ricardo SIGNES wrote:
>

>>I would imagine that, as there is no notice to explain how to read it, and
>>it isn't described as a MIME type or attachment, it would have little
>>bearing in court.  Legal notices need to be marked and legible.  Scribing
>>them in Linear-A on the inside of screwholes isn't binding.
>>

>Scribing them in 20-point capitals on the frontpage isn't binding either.
>Not as long as the other party does not sign it. Otherwise I'll add a note
>that anyone reading this should pay me me 1000 euro. :-)

This message is LEGALLY PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL, and only intended
for the recipients indicated. If you have received this email in error,
please stop and ask yourself, "So why is he sending privileged and
confidential emails to a public mailing list?"

I see these things *all the time* on discussion groups pertaining to my
business. It's kind of comical, in a way, kind of like the "Don't brush
your teeth with this chain saw" notices you see all over stuff in my
litigation-happy country.

:-)

\--- http://www.eepatents.com -----------------/