LDAP support in gpg-1.0.7?

Rüdiger Kupper Ruediger.Kupper@Physik.Uni-Marburg.De
Thu Jul 18 20:28:02 2002

Hi.

My Linux gpg-1.0.7 is unable to access a keyserver via the LDAP protocol:

gpg --keyserver ldap://pgp.surfnet.nl:11370 --recv-key 0xC2303358
gpg: unable to execute program "gpgkeys_ldap": No such file or directory
gpg: no handler for keyserver scheme "ldap"

The binary "gpgkeys_ldap" does actually not exist, and was not built
during the make process. There is, however, a source file named
"keyserver/gpgkeys_ldap.c" but it does not seem to be processed.
(Instead, there is a binary "gpgkeys_test", but I'm unsure what this deos.)
Is there any configure option to be set in order to make "gpgkeys_ldap"?
The configure script reports:

checking whether the LDAP keyserver interface is requested... yes

but this seems a bit of a lie... :-)

Regards,

--
Ruediger.

This will be a memorable month -- no matter how hard you try to forget it.

Use my PGP key (0xC2303358).