GPG without any local files?

Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder avbidder@fortytwo.ch
Wed Jul 24 08:27:02 2002

--=-sw5+ow9iipOf/Ncec83+

On Tue, 2002-07-23 at 22:19, Gerben Wierda wrote:
> Is it possible to run gpg for verifying a signature, but without a=20
> homedir, options file, pubring.pgp, etc? Ideally I was thinking about=20
> having gpg get the key from a server (it's trust will of course be zero)=20
> and use that for verifying a detached sig. Currently I can do that by=20
> creating a temporary homedir in /tmp with an empty options file (and a=20
> pubring is created there), but I would prefer if gpg would do everything=20
> in memory.

--no-options will allow you to run without options file
--no-default-keyring --secring /dev/null will get rid of that.

But gpg will probably not work without a public keyring. But try it -
perhaps the keyring import happens after the sig verification.

cheers
-- vbi

--=20
secure email with gpg                         http://fortytwo.ch/gpg