gpg, per-user, registry

Ryan Malayter rmalayter@bai.org
Wed Jul 24 19:00:02 2002

Good idea. What about creating a REG_EXPAND_SZ key in
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\GNU\GnuPG
	HomeDir=3D"%userprofile%/Application Data" which would expand to
the user's profile directory no matter who was logged in? =20

BTW, Where are all of the registry settings for GnuPG on windows
documented? I can only find sparse references in newsgroups and on
non-official sites.

-----Original Message-----
From: John Kane [mailto:jkane89@softhome.net]=20
Sent: Wednesday, July 24, 2002 10:23 AM
To: Ryan Malayter
Subject: gpg, per-user, registry

For each user, you would set a name-value pair in the registry:

 \\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\GNU\GnuPG\
 HomeDir=3D"C:/Documents and Settings/username/Application Data/"

Please note "/" forward slashes (unix style).  I can't remember whether
gpg needs a final trailing '/' or requires that it be left off.

The end result is, that each user now has his own options file and
keyrings under his own directory tree. Some people prefer to stick
stuff under /Desktop/subdir/ if they're real under-the-hood geeks.

--
John Kane
Boston, MA