Diceware

Ryan Malayter rmalayter@bai.org
Wed Jul 24 18:25:01 2002

/dev/random is a good entropy source, so yes, it looks good to me.

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Carrera [mailto:dcarrera@math.toronto.edu]=20
Sent: Tuesday, July 23, 2002 11:37 PM
To: gnupg-users@gnupg.org
Subject: Diceware

Thanks for the recommendation of Diceware.  It's a very neat system.
I'll
use it.

The website recommends using dice instead of a computer program unless
you
know what you're doing.  I think I know what I'm doing (and I don't have
the patience for generating several passwords using dice).

On a Linux box, I am using /dev/random as a source of random bits, which
turn into digits with Perl's unpack().  I chop off all digits outside
the
range [1-6] and use those to get the words.

Can anyone detect any error here?

Daniel.