can't connect to .../entropy

David T-G davidtg-gnupg@justpickone.org
Mon Jun 3 20:34:01 2002

--k4f25fnPtRuIRUb3

David (hi!), et al --

=2E..and then David Champion said...
%=20
% * On 2002.06.03, in <20020603182154.GC1201@justpickone.org>,
% *	"David T-G" <davidtg-gnupg@justpickone.org> wrote:
% > Hi, all --
% >=20
% > I have just installed gpg 1.0.7 on our Solaris boxes and I get the
% > following output:
%=20
% It won't solve all your problems (i.e., not the ones with HP-UX), but

Well, that might be livable.

% you can get a /dev/random for Solaris 8 from patch 112438. Earlier

Ahhh...  Well, there is that, but ...  Is the entropy that's apparently
not in my ~/.gnupg directory actually a tie back to /dev/random, or
something else?

% Solares can use Andreas Meier's independent implementation, "ANDIrand":
%=20
% 	http://www.cosy.sbg.ac.at/~andi/

Hmmm...  I wonder if later ones can use that out my home dir tree, too; I
don't see getting any patches installed any time soon, no matter how
worthwhile they might be :-(

%=20
% --=20
%  -D.	dgc@uchicago.edu	NSIT	University of Chicago