weird WARNING messages with 1.0.7

Jeffo Jean-Francois.PARIS@ifaedi.insa-lyon.fr
Wed Jun 12 15:12:01 2002

> Heya. I'm using GnuPG 1.0.7 (seems to act quite a bit differently than
> 1.0.6 - at least 'gpg --list-keys' is MUCH slower and so on...) and I
> get this message everytime I run it:

You should read the doc. In gpg 1.0.7 some of the computation results about
key validity may be cached and therefore greatly speed up all the operations.
To use this cache your keyring must be updated. There is a command to do it
but I don't remember it now and I can't check.

It must be said in the faq or at least it has been discussed on this ML
during in the few past months. You should have a look at the FAQ and at the
archives of the list.

> [11:48pm] ekhowl@erpland:~$ gpg --version
> gpg: WARNING: --honor-http-proxy is a deprecated option.
> gpg: please use "--keyserver-options honor-http-proxy" instead
> gpg (GnuPG) 1.0.7

Just do what you are told to. You are using the option "honor-http-proxy".
Now it is deprecated and you must use "keyserver-options honor-http-proxy"

in the directory : /home/ekhowl/.gnupg/ you must have a file called
"options". (ekhowl is your username isn't it ?)
edit the file and chance the option line as you are told to. In this file it
is not necessary to use the "--" before typing the options.

best regards

jeff

Paris jean-francois              | CLE PUBLIQUE PGP&GPG
jean-francois.paris@insalien.org | DH/DSS ID: 0xBF4B709E
jean-francois.paris@insa-lyon.fr | http://mjediyoda.free.fr/