automatically downloading public keys no longer works.

David Shaw dshaw@jabberwocky.com
Thu Jun 13 15:57:01 2002

On Thu, Jun 13, 2002 at 02:33:50PM +0100, Graham wrote:
> On Thursday 13 June 2002 11:32 am, Ralph Angenendt wrote:
>
> > Same issue here:
> >

> > gpg 1.07
> > mutt 1.4
> > keyserver ldap://pgp.surfnet.nl
>
> Quite. It is because ldap servers are not supported in GPG 1.0.7 yet,
> and as far as I know were not supported in GPG 1.0.6.

Sure they are.  If you have OpenLDAP installed, GnuPG 1.0.7 will pick
it up and include LDAP support.

Note, however, that the keyserver line given above is incorrect.  This
keyserver is LDAP, but they run it on a different port than the LDAP
standard.  Try this:

   keyserver ldap://pgp.surfnet.nl:11370

David