Suppressing passphrase prompt

Steve Butler sbutler@fchn.com
Fri Jun 21 18:16:01 2002

Oops.  I gave my decrypt script which has the passphrase stuff.  Here is my
encrypt script which does not do signing.  However, feel free to merge the
two scripts for your purposes:

#!/bin/ksh
# COPYRIGHT (c) 1995-2002 Stephen M. Butler dba XRG
# This information may be copied, distributed and/or modified under
# certain conditions, but it comes WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY.
# See the Design Science License for more details
# =================================================================
#
# gpg_script PK_ID source
#
#   Interface script for edi and ftpexec to encrypt files vi GnuPG

XRG_DBA=${XRG_DBA:=/usr/xrg_dba}
xrgbin=$XRG_DBA/bin

homedir=$($xrgbin/default gpg_home)

if [[ $# -ne 2 ]]; then
  echo "gpg_script: Must supply 2 parameters" >&2
  exit 99
fi

rm -f "$2.pgp" > /dev/null

gpg --homedir $homedir --no-tty --always-trust --recipient $1 \
    --output "$2.pgp" --encrypt "$2"
x=$?
if [ $x -ne 0 ]; then
  echo "gpg_script: gpg failure code '$x'" >&2
fi
echo "$2.pgp"
exit $x
#