keyserver choices out there?

Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder avbidder@fortytwo.ch
Tue Jun 25 09:40:01 2002

--=-30qNyeIRnJJsC4ZNJYg7

On Tue, 2002-06-25 at 08:47, Michael Cunningham wrote:
[looking for keyserver]

Yo!

Most keyservers currently have problems with some features of newer keys
(photoid!).

Of your requirements, #2 (create keyrings for download) is not supported
by any keyserver I know of. #4 (key uploads) is a feature gpg offers
with keyservers, not sure if there is ui support yet (cmdline user
myself). Removing keys from a keyserver does imho not make much sense,
especially if any user is allowed to upload keys. If a key is not to be
used anymore, revoke it - and then, it's essential, that the revoke cert
be published.

As you are in a closed environment it may be feasible to use a public
company keyring as a (read-only) file on the company fileservers (Of
course, this depends on the intended usage).

Of course, key uploads would have to be done manually by the admin, or
somebody would have to do some scripting (I'd expect a cgi script doing
gpg --import to be not that hard).

cheers
-- vbi

--=20