Multiple subkey warning

David Shaw dshaw@jabberwocky.com
Fri Mar 1 01:05:02 2002

Hi folks,

What with all the discussions of multiple subkeys, I wanted to add a
warning:

** Most of the current keyservers in use on the net today do not
handle multiple subkeys properly.  The subkeys get mangled together
and corrupted. **

Worse, most of the keyservers synchronize with other keyservers, so
even if you send your key to one of the good ones, it can end up on
the bad ones as well and get corrupted.

Obviously this doesn't affect your local copy or anyone you send your
key to directly, but anyone who gets it off one of the bad keyservers
will get a corrupted key.

David