Decrypt without password...

Steve Butler sbutler@fchn.com
Wed Mar 6 23:46:02 2002

I'd never do this for my personal key.  But for the corporate one running on
the internal corporate GnuPG server where everybody who has access to the
machine can read the plain text anyway....

Now, I don't leave the pass phrase as plain text but the methods I use to
"hide" it are easily broken (otherwise I'd have to actually encrypt it with
another passphrase).  It at least keeps the causual observer somewhat at
bay.

-----Original Message-----
From: Brad Tilley [mailto:rtilley@vt.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, March 06, 2002 1:49 PM
To: gnupg-users@gnupg.org
Subject: Re: Decrypt without password...

On Wednesday 06 March 2002 16:13, Steve Butler wrote:

Is it just me, or is this insecure? I would _never_ place my pass phrase in
file. Security and convenience seem to always be at odds. As for me, I'll
take security along with inconvenience any day.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.