PGP 7.0.3 refuses to encrypt with my key

Volker Gaibler mail@volker-gaibler.de
Sat Mar 9 00:55:01 2002

Hi,

I tried to encrypt some message with PGPfreeware 7.0.3 with my GnuPG 1.0.6-
created key, but PGP could not encrypt the message with my key: "An error has
occured: key can't be used for encryption".

I read in the FAQ about problems with older versions that refused to encrypt
with ElGamal type-20 keys. But mine is a type-16 key, so this should be a
different problem. Signing with PGP works and is also no problem with GPG.
What can I do?  Thanks.

Volker

 Volker Gaibler                                 contact:
 http://www.volker-gaibler.de                   mail@volker-gaibler.de