difficulty at the beginning

Sandy Pittendrigh sandy@montana-riverboats.com
Sat Mar 16 21:04:01 2002

--------------010506040505040900070203

I need to send encrypted mail from a webserver/domain host
down to my desck top. My domain provider doesn't have pgp or
gpg installed. So I obtained the following tar.gz sources:

gnupg-1.0.6.tar.gz
pgpgpg-0.13.tar.gz

I untarred them, configured and compiled both sources,
on both my desk top machine and at the virtual domain where
my website exists.

I used configure --prefix=/home/me --exec-prefix=/home/me

make
make install ....on both boxes.

Then, at desktop :
pgp -kg
  ....several steps omitted.
pgp -kx me@mydomain.com
  ....which produced me.pgp
The I used scp to to send me.pgp  up to the webserver

Then, at virtual domain:
pgp -kg
  ....several steps omitted, using email address that
      reflects the name web processes run as on my site

pgp -ka me.pgp
  .....which produced
gpg: Warning: using insecure memory!
gpg: key 60F87D7B: unsupported public key algorithm
gpg: key 60F87D7B: no valid user IDs
gpg: this may be caused by a missing self-signature
gpg: key ACC7F0DF: unsupported public key algorithm
gpg: key ACC7F0DF: no valid user IDs
gpg: this may be caused by a missing self-signature
gpg: Total number processed: 2
gpg:           w/o user IDs: 2

Where do I go from here?

--------------010506040505040900070203--