gpg New Bee

David Shaw dshaw@jabberwocky.com
Sat Mar 23 01:23:01 2002

On Fri, Mar 22, 2002 at 03:30:18PM -0800, Rasoul Hajikhani wrote:
> Hello folks,
> My apologies if this question has been asked before. I have created a
> encrypted file encrypted with two different recipients. How do I decrypt
> this file using the other user? The -u option does not seem to work. I
> am running 1.0.6 gpg.
> %gpg -u <UID> --decrypt myTest1.gpg
> It keeps asking for my pass phrase and not that of the "test" user pass
> phrase.
> Can some one tell me what option I should be using?

There is no command line option to handle this case, as generally
people don't encrypt to themselves multiple times.

That said, you can still do it - just hit "enter" three times when
prompted for the passphrase for the key you don't want to use.  This
will make GnuPG roll over and try the next available key.

Good job on "Rhapsody in Blue", by the way ;)

David