cannot receive certain keys

David Shaw dshaw@jabberwocky.com
Mon Mar 25 20:25:08 2002

On Mon, Mar 25, 2002 at 09:05:19PM +0100, Michael Anckaert wrote:

> Hi, I'm having troubles dowloading certain keys from the keyservers
> I use certserver.gpg.com en sometimes I just get: Cannot find OpenPGP data
> or something like that.
> Is it because the users just have not uploaded their key or something

Generally, "no valid OpenPGP data found" means just that - the key is
not found on the server.

However, the certserver.pgp.com keyserver is having problems right
now, so you shouldn't take that error message too seriously.  Try
another keyserver.

It's unclear what, if anything, will happen with the
certserver.pgp.com keyserver with the recent changes at pgp.com.
People have been asking on the keyserver operators list, but no
answers yet.

David