Licensing

Oyvind A. Holm sunny@sunbase.org
Tue Mar 26 16:59:06 2002

On 2002-03-26 09:28-0600 Grimes, Michael E {PBSG} wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> I would like to use GPG in a corporate (for profit) setting. Can
> someone give me a definitive answer to the question:
>
> Will this be legal??

Yes, indeed. The GNU General Public License allows you to use the
program commercially without paying any royalties. If you use parts of
the source in other programs or link any part of it into another
program, you have to share the source code of this program with the
public. That's what the GPL is about -- no money business, the source
code is the real treasure.

=D8yvind

| Fingerprint: DBE9 8D44 67F7 42AC 2CA1  7651 724E 9D53 6290 22EB   |
+-------- Don't support organized crime, boycott Microsoft. --------+