Install GnuPG on Win98? Use GPA?

Greg Strong gw_goldwing@gwstrong.com
Sun Mar 31 10:57:02 2002

I've downloaded GnuPG 1.0.6 and GPA.  I'm assuming GPA is the standard
Win32 GUI to use with GnuPG after reading a few messages.  The files
are gnupg-w32-1.0.6-2.zip and gpa-0.4.3.tar.gz, respectively.

It looks like most of the documentation on the web site pertains to the
"standard" installation onto Linux and running GnuPG from the prompt.
The site does state GnuPG can be used on Win32 OS's.  I would rather
use GnuPG with a more user friendly frontend, but have experience
working from the prompt on DOS before Windows took over.

I would like to use GnuPG with my email client either encrypting email
or using with signatures for authentication.  Presently I'm using
Virtual Access 5.51 for an email client, but this may change to Agent
in the future.

My questions are as follows:
1) Any special installation instructions for Win98?

2) If GPA is the standard GUI, can I use this with any email program?

3) If #2 is yes, is there any threads in the archives which would
provide some help.

I'm never used PGP.  I've read the Howtos and parts of the manual, so I
have some background.  Actually using the application would be the best
experience, and would like to get a good start.  TIA!

Greg Strong
Email: gw_goldwing@gwstrong.com

Sun, 31 Mar 2002 02:30 CST