Makefile errors?

Steve Butler sbutler@fchn.com
Tue Apr 30 23:17:02 2002

Went searching and found these defines in the ldap.h file:

#define LDAP_PORT       389
#define LDAP_VERSION1   1
#define LDAP_VERSION2   2
#define LDAP_VERSION    LDAP_VERSION2

Searched the SuSE box to find what it had and found nothing at all (perhaps
that's why it compiled clean -- ldap wasn't there at all).

Not reading C and knowing even less about make files, I wasn't able to
determine if that is the case.

Since we are moving from RedHat to SuSE, I'll just stay with 1.0.6 on the
RedHat box and bring 1.0.7 up on the SuSE box.

Thanks
--Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: David Shaw [mailto:dshaw@jabberwocky.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2002 1:45 PM
To: gnupg-users@gnupg.org
Subject: Re: Makefile errors?

On Tue, Apr 30, 2002 at 01:30:55PM -0700, Steve Butler wrote:
> > Last 5 lines of output from make are below.  Is this normal?

The tar you sent clears it up:

/usr/include/ldap.h:302: parse error before `BerElement'
/usr/include/ldap.h:302: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
/usr/include/ldap.h:306: parse error before `}'

(a few dozen more ldap.h errors follow).

What version of OpenLDAP are you using?  You need OpenLDAP to compile
the LDAP keyserver code, but if you don't want to update your OpenLDAP
installation, you can configure GnuPG with the '--disable-ldap' flag.

David