Cygwin and 1.0.7

Leigh S. Jones, KR6X kr6x@kr6x.com
Thu May 2 01:08:01 2002

Last question: keyservers with Win32 versions don't seem
to be working, except with Win9x, per an earlier post not
attributable to me.  WinPT accesses keyservers directly
rather than calling gpg to perform keyserver interface, so
it works on windows versions where gpg/mingw32 can't
seem to talk to keyservers.

Other questions: I noted a strange reality using cygwin
bash shell.  After successfully compiling/installing gpg
on cygwin, I discovered that when I accessed gpg by
typing at the command line I'd get the gpg/mingw32
installation that resided in my C:\WinNT directory (by
my choice) and I'd see the keyrings at C:\gnupg\*.gpg
rather than the keyrings at ~/.gnupg/*.gpg.  Apparently
the path has C:\WinNT ahead of the "UNIX" path entries
so anything found on C:\WinNT gets executed ahead of
anything on /usr/local/bin.

So I'd suggest that you could possibly have told WinPT
the wrong location for your keyring.  Or WinPT accesses
a different version of gpg than you think it does.

Also, on several implementations of gpg 1.0.7 and 1.0.6
I have always received 'gpg: Invalid option "-kw"' in
response to "gpg -kw".  I do see that "gpg -k" results in
a listing of keys, although I don't seem to be finding that
one on the "man" page...