gpg --pgp2 and sign+encrypt

Michael H. Warfield mhw@wittsend.com
Fri May 3 18:22:01 2002

On Thu, May 02, 2002 at 04:59:31PM -0400, David Shaw wrote:

> 1.0.7 behavior:

>     sign+encrypt with a v3 or v4 key: signature that all versions of
>     GnuPG and PGP except PGP 2.x can use

> GnuPG can make clear signatures and detached signatures for PGP 2.x.
> The only thing that it does not do is encrypt+sign for PGP 2.x.

	Ok...  I found that this can be accomplished with the four step
proceedure at http://www.gnupg.org/gph/en/pgp2x.html once you correct for
the typos in the FAQ (like --detach-sign instead of --detach-signature).
So, now I can build this into a shell script to automate the process.
(I have a very specific requirement for messages which are signed and
symetrically encrypted that must be read by pgp-2.6.2 users).  Is there
some reason this can't be incorporated into a super pgp2 compat mode?

> David

> --
>    David Shaw  |  dshaw@jabberwocky.com  |  WWW http://www.jabberwocky.com/
>    "There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX.
>       We don't believe this to be a coincidence." - Jeremy S. Anderson

	Mike
--
 Michael H. Warfield    |  (770) 985-6132   |  mhw@WittsEnd.com
  /\/\|=mhw=|\/\/       |  (678) 463-0932   |  http://www.wittsend.com/mhw/