moving gpg to another PC

Steve Butler sbutler@fchn.com
Mon May 6 18:45:01 2002

First off, the developers are also here and have been a great help to me in
the past in this list.

Second, I'm not an expert user, but do try to help as best I can.

In that light, I'm beginning to suspect that the source key isn't signed
correctly.  Now, that might be an artifact of moving from 1.0.6 to 1.0.7
without that one step about rebuilding the key caches (I forget the actual
syntax).  Then again, that might not be it either.  But the following
questions need to be answered before we proceed:

1.  What version of gpg created the key pair?  (it was gpg instead of pgp?)
2.  What version of gpg is currently on your source box?
3.  What version of gpg is on your destination box?
4.  What type of key pair?
5.  Please provide a gpg --list-key 'X' output (maybe even with the
--with-colons option)

With that information (and perhaps some follow-up questions) somebody will
be able to provide help.
--Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Nic Ferrier [mailto:nferrier@tapsellferrier.co.uk]
Sent: Monday, May 06, 2002 8:52 AM
To: Steve Butler
Cc: rtilley@vt.edu; gnupg-users@gnupg.org
Subject: Re: moving gpg to another PC

"Steve Butler" <sbutler@fchn.com> writes:

> Looks like the best thing would be to export both your public and private
[snip]

Hmm... I tried this approach. It didn't seem to work.

[snip]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.