Win32 internals

Sebastian Kumos seb@wr.home.pl
Thu May 9 10:55:01 2002

> >but Win NT 4 offers a way to clean the swapfile at shutdown,
> >you can find the needed registry entry here :
> >
> >http://www.stack.nl/~galactus/remailers/wipeswap.html
> >
> >Win 9x/ME/2K/XP may have something similar, I don't know

Hi All,

There's that funny Evidence Eliminator, i.e. the way they advertise
themselves on their website and the price (ugh!) are funny (or even
annoying). It's an efficient wiper of many sorts of data for _all_
Windows systems, but eats some memory unless you throw all unnecessary
options away (like sitting in the system tray all the time). I wish I'd
be able to write a long DOS batch file doing the same thing :(
I believe all this is possible without paying 150 USD....

IMO it's scary how much you have to wipe in Windows to get rid of all
sensitive (or just unneeded) data.

Cheers,

seb

----