gnupg1.0.7 removing the secmem warning

Steve Butler sbutler@fchn.com
Fri May 10 21:27:01 2002

Hey, if that is the worst thing you did this week then feel yourself very
lucky.  At lease you had the presence to verify the location of what you
were running! Meaning there have been times when I didn't and wished I had.

Have a great weekend.
--Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Newton Hammet [mailto:treeflyr@io.com]
Sent: Friday, May 10, 2002 12:16 PM
To: gnupg-users@gnupg.org
Subject: Re: gnupg1.0.7 removing the secmem warning

[snip]

I apologize for bothering the list with this question...

I checked my PATH and, sure enuf, I was not executing the gnupg-1.0.7 that
I just installed, I was running the /usr/bin/gpg that apparently came
with RH7.2 Linux, and it did NOT have setuid set for root.

I answered my own question ....

in other words .... DOOOH! (Homer Simpson)

[snip]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.