encrypt problem

Charly Avital shavital@mac.com
Thu May 23 15:27:01 2002

--============_-1189962012==_ma============

At 1:09 AM +0400 5/23/02, Dmitry Gerasimov wrote:
Hello,
I have two problems, but maybe they have the same source problem.

GnuPG 1.0.6-2

Problem 1.
When I try to encrypt via SSH i get this response:
_______________________
Could not find a valid trust path to the key.  Let's see whether we
can assign some missing owner trust values.

No path leading to one of our keys found.
It is NOT certain that the key belongs to its owner.
If you *really* know what you are doing, you may answer
the next question with yes

Use this key anyway?
_______________________

i have only one public key in the keyring and I set Full trust to that key.
What is the problem here? Why can't it find paths? What can I do to avoid
that?
[...]

It seems that the trust you have set to that key refers to how you trust
its owner to introduce other people's keys.

If you want to use that key for encryption you can:
- sign it locally. The signature will not be exportable.
- configure gpg's options to use also untrusted keys for encryption. Not a
good idea, but possible if you can live with it.

Charly
--============_-1189962012==_ma============

blockquote, dl, ul, ol, li { padding-top: 0 ; padding-bottom: 0 }
problem.</div>
whether we<br>
can assign some missing owner trust values.<br>
No path leading to one of our keys found.</div>
If you *really* know what you are doing, you may answer<br>
the next question with yes<br>
Use this key anyway?</div>
that key. What is the problem here? Why can't it find paths? What can
I do to avoid that?</div>
you trust its owner to introduce other people's keys.</div>
encryption. Not a good idea, but possible if you can live with
it.</div>