--status-fd and stderr outputs! Huh?

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Fri May 24 23:29:01 2002

On Fri, 17 May 2002 14:53:59 +0200, Joerg Toellner said:

> to get the well formatted status information from gpg over the stdout from
> gpg. I use --passphrase-fd as well where it is necessary to pass a
> passphrase. This is done with writing to the captured stdin from gpg from my

Consider to use --export-secret-subkeys to create a secret keyring
without the primary key and set the passphrase of the subkey to empty.

> BUT if i i.E. want to extract a public key from the pubring in armor mode
> (to send it to a buddy i.e.) and the key isnt present (i.E. for a spelling
> error in my uid) there is NO, NOTHING, NADA at the status-fd. I got the msgs
> on stderr that says: Warning key not found or so. But the well formatted

Please provide detailed output so I can see where to add another
status message.

> I always thought, that the status-fd is the only thing (and recommended one)
> where i have to put my "ear" on and i'll be informed about every little

Right.  However some status messages are missing and I am just waiting
for requests.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner