AW: --status-fd and stderr outputs! Huh?

Joerg Toellner toellner@oss-gmbh.de
Mon May 27 11:45:01 2002

Dear Werner,

as you wished here are the results of the german jury ...uh... the results
of my tests of course :-))))

Start gpg with the following parameters:

  gpg --batch --yes --status-fd 1 --export -a -o sav/asckey_jt
jt@oss-gmbh.de

and capture stdout (same as status-fd in this case in fact of
the --status-fd 1 parameter) and stderr from gpg, assuming, that there is NO
public key with the UID jt@oss-gmbh.de in the pubring (an so the expected
error occurs) will produce the following output on the different handles:

on stdout (or status-fd):
There is NO, Nothing, Nada, nix, garnix! Not even one line!

on stderr:
There is the following output:

  gpg: WARNING: nothing exported

The returncode from gpg in this case seems to be 0 (should'nt it be at least
1?).

I think there should be at least also a [GNUPG: ] NO_PUBKEY Msg. on the
status-fd.

Thanks for your advice and good work. If you need more information about
this please contact me again.

CU all
Joerg Toellner