Problem / Question with GnuPG and GData Gnu Pg Plugin with Windows 2000 Terminal Server

Leigh S. Jones kr6x@kr6x.com
Tue May 28 16:14:02 2002

I don't have gdata plugin on this computer to
experiment with although I've got it on a
computer at work.  Your question is one that
points up the weakness of Windows vs.
Unix-like systems.  If you were using Win9x
or ME you'd be out of luck.  With NT/2K/XP
there are some things you can try.

First thing to try is:

use environment variables

In NT/2K/XP each user has a different set of
environment variables and a set of unique
registry values (current user).  To set the user's
environment variables you go to <Start>
<Settings><Control Panel><System>
<Environment> and enter values.  Choose
something like: GData_Dir
c:\winnt\profiles\[user]\Personal

Then put %GData_Dir% in the slot in gdata.
More if that doesn't work...