How to send passphrase to gpg with symetric encryption?

5468696A6D656E thijmen@xs4all.nl
Sat Nov 9 16:16:02 2002

This might be the solution:

echo 1234   >1
echo "1234" >2
echo "1234">3
echo 1234>4

will all give different files in dos, (tested on win98 dos, compared
the output with a hexeditor) where unix and linux will trim
the echo, dos won't do that.

So your command should be:
"echo 1234| gpg etc"
instead of
"echo 1234 | gpg etc"

Th
(hope i helped you get rid of the more insecure situation)