Is it *possible* to download GnuPG win32 GUI?

pplf pplf@wanadoo.fr
Thu Nov 14 19:24:02 2002

I'm wondering : is it *possible* to succeed in downloading the GnuPG GUI
for Win32 ?... :-(

I have helped a french Human Rights NGO (Reporters Without Borders /
Federation Informatique et Liberte
http://www.lafil.org/presentation.php#en) to create a little french
OpenPGP manual, easy to understand (as far as possible).

This french manual is at http://www.lafil.org/openpgp.html, and to help
people who need strong *and* free encryption, this page has a link to
the GnuPG GUI, called as you know WinPT (BTW, it is not easy to explain
people why it is not called WinGPG or WinGnuPG or GnuPGshell, and what
is GPG, GnuPG, WinPT, GPA, GnuPP, etc... :-(

Unfortunately, the link to winpt.org is... dead ! and the GPGOE (Outlook
Express GPG plugin) page is also dead !

I would be nice to see the WinPT project hosted by a *real* web server
with a *real* FTP server (lcsweb.net FTP has a ping very very slow).

Why not host WinPT at www.gnupg.org and ftp.gnupg.org ?

You know, PGPfreeware 8.0 is coming, and I fear that users will be
forced to use commercial softwares if if they cannot download free
softwares :-(

PS : I have already said that 2 monthes ago, but the french pages at
gnupg.org are completly outdated... Please, can you delete these old
french pages (I can translate it and update the translation, I already
purposed this to WK, and at least one other french people puprosed it
also, but WK seems not interested, I don't know why...)

It is very sad that the french people coming at the home GnuPG page can
click on a "french" link at http://www.gnupg.org/fr/download.html and
discover that the last version is GnuPG 1.0.0 and the win32 version is
1.0.0c and is alpha :-(((

And sorry to be angry...

--
pplf - French OpenPGP page    <pplf@wanadoo.fr>
"OpenPGP en francais"         PGP: 8263 8399 2074 5277 a6d3