Compiling and using v1.2.1 on Solaris.

GOOCH Jeremy Jeremy.Gooch@axa-im.com
Fri Nov 15 13:28:02 2002

Hi,

I was trying to decrypt a file on NT using GnuPG v1.2.1 and was receiving
the error "packet too short".  I realised that this was because it was
encrypted on a Solaris machine running v1.0.6 (as per
http://www.gnupg.org/faq.html#q6.19).

I downloaded the Solaris version of v1.2.1 and (after much pain and no
little hair loss) managed to generate the gpg binary.

However, now I get the error "MPI too large".  My research tells me that
this may be caused by a zero octet.  However, when I check my keys with
http://www.pgpdump.net/, I cannot see "00" at the beginning of any blocks.

I've deleted and recreated secring, pubring and trustdb on both machines but
it still doesn't work.  I have had no problems exporting, importing or
signing the keys to and from either machine.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Jeremy.

AXA Investment Managers

JEREMY GOOCH

MANAGER OF INTEGRATION SERVICES

7 Newgate Street, London EC1A 7NX
Tel: +44 20 7003 1165
Fax: +44 20 7575 8599
Mob: +44 7977 917115
E-mail: mailto:jeremy.gooch@axa-im.com

This e-mail is confidential and intended only for the addressee(s) shown.
If you are not an intended recipient, please be advised that any use,
dissemination, forwarding or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.
Internet e-mails are not necessarily secure and the AXA Group does not
accept responsibility for changes made to this message after it was sent.
Please note that incoming and outgoing electronic mail messages may be
monitored. Should you receive this transmission in error, notify the sender
immediately.  Thank you