Will GPG use Dual Processors under Windows ?

Jason_Mantor@hesc.com Jason_Mantor@hesc.com
Mon Nov 18 21:33:01 2002

      We're designing the next iteration of our encrypted file transmission
systems and we're anticipating the need to encrypt and decrypt files that
could be as large as 10 gigabytes in size using GnuPG.  Our tests indicate
that it could take an hour to process a file that size on some of our
slower hardware (Single P3 600Mhz).  It seems to be bound by processor
speed.  (Our tests on smaller files so that disk speeds and even ramdisks
don't make any difference.)  Does the official exe for Windows take
advantage of multiple processors ?  Would spec'ing out a dual cpu server
help me any ?

                                    Thanks,
                                    -JSM

Jason S. Mantor, MCP
Senior Computer Programmer/Analyst
New York State Higher Education Services Corporation
Email: Jason_Mantor@hesc.com
Telephone: (518) 402-3545